Ensenada Fish Market

Ensenada Travel Blog

Spent the day shooting at the Ensenada fish market. We got there really early so I was able to see the whole set up from the beginning. The huge blocks of ice being trucked in so they can be chopped up for the fish to lay on them. It was smelly at first but you got used to the smell. It was cool to see all the different kinds of sea food. There were oysters, clams, octopus, squid and about 13 different types of fish like swordfish, marlin and tuna.

I ate my first fish taco from one of the many fish taco stands that lined the streets just outside of the market. I watched as my fish was prepared & was delighted to see all the different condiments that were laid out on the table for me to choose from, like cabbage, spicy salsa, something green (I assumed this one was really hot), & some sort of secret sauce which who the hell knows what it was but it was very good. After we were full it was back on the road again. Driving along we saw a tamale stand & stopped because I had never had a tamale. I opted for the sweet corn tamale it tasted like sweet cream corn wrapped up in an old corn husk. All in all a very productive & fun day of new stuff.
photo by: furiousfowl