Three days and counting...

Dharamshala Travel Blog

I'm officially only a few hours away from leaving for India and I think I've pretty much covered everything I needed to do before leaving.  I've set all of my bills to auto-bill-pay and I've packed everything I think I'll need and more.  I practiced schlepping my backpack around the condo yesterday to get a feel for the weight and load.  I'm not planning on checking my luggage because I'm not bringing that much with me anyway.

I really can't wait to get there, honestly.  I'm both nervous and excited.  I haven't slept very much the last few days because it's finally hitting me that I'm leaving.  I've been preparing for this trip for weeks and I feel like I'm still not prepared for what I'm about to do.  My program manager told me that we may have to shower in buckets, so that should be interesting.  All-in-all, I can't wait to get there, and despite what some of my co-workers think (Ian), I'm not going to get abducted by terrorists and I'm definitely not getting married.

See you soon,

Christine

P.S. - If I come back to mulch chips all over my desk...you'd better be prepared for the wrath I'll be bringing back from the Himalayas.  Wilson.

Dharamshala