One Long Week

Tempe Travel Blog

Insight Bowl
I have been a college football fan my whole life and in 2008 I was able to take a trip of a lifetime.  We started out at the Insight Bowl in Tempe, Arizona where the Indiana Hoosiers lost to Oklahoma State.  I was cheering for my fellow Big Ten bretheren but it didn't really help.  The next morning we flew to California and went to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena where USC clobbered another Big Ten team the Fighting Illini.  Okay so I am 0 for 2 so far but hey I'm still having a blast.  Caught a flight back to Phoenix and headed out to Glendale to the Fiesta Bowl with Oklahoma getting surprised by West Virginia.
Insight Bowl halftime
  I was so happy for West Virginia, they had some great fans and got a rough draw at the end of the season.  Woke up the next day and flew to Miami to the Orange Bowl for Kansas winning against Virgina Tech in the best game of the week.  Miami was FREEZING!!  Yep, freezing.  We had thermals on and everything.  I thought I was back in the Midwest;o)  Finally a day of rest and then off to New Orleans for the BCS Championship in New Orleans.  I had never been to New Orleans and I honestly can't say I remember much after my first trip to Bourbon Street LOL!!  Sadly my Buckeyes lost to LSU but I was just as surprised as many that we were in the National Championship.  I went to the game against Florida the year before and am still angry about that game!!

All in all:
6,800 flight miles
3 rental cars
3 hotels
5 football jerseys
Too much stadium food
WAY too much stadium beer

photo by: Africancrab