2 months!

Melbourne Travel Blog

Today it's been exactly 2 months since I came here to Australia and I haven't moved a bit out of Melbourne! But, don't worry, that is about to change. Soon I'll be heading upwards to Queensland... What a time to choose, going in the beginning of summer and coming from Iceland. Jeez, I'll be roasted when I return to the, hopefully, a bit less heat down here.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with Australia! Although a tad too far from home, I think I could live here well enough, even if I might change that thought when the heat comes full on! People are really friendly, and I've made quite a few friends here. Most of them ask a lot of questions about Iceland and are really interested in what I have to tell them, even if they don't have a clue where it's situated.

I've been down to the city, seen the Shrine of Remembrance which is pretty impressive, been to the Victoria market (might go there again before Christmas) and I even managed to go to a Aussie football game! It wasn't really exciting, sorry to say, but at least I can say I've been to one. :) Those have been the top of things I've done.

I've been more often to the movies in a short period of time than EVER before! Five times altogether. I've been to a Rock/Heavy Metal bar with a friend of mine which was absolutely fantastic and I hope to go again someday. I've met many asian people through a friend of mine, tried Korean food and got a little more into different cultures.

I took up the Japanese martial arts Jodo and Iaido and have been doing them for about 5-6 weeks now. I absolutely love them and hope to continue when I come to Japan and stay there. I've made a lot of progress in the short period of time, and some of my fellow students seem amazed of it.

What else? I know this is a short draft of everything I've done. If I was to write all down that has happened, it would take me all day, all night and all tomorrow! I'm not up for that ;)

Oh wait! I've been outside of Melbourne, I forgot! I went to Lorne, Torqay and Bells Beach, but that's it. :)

じゃ ね!

アンナ マリア

Melbourne, Australia. Something I've been waiting for for over a year! I'm finally here! Haven't seen to much of it yet, I'm stilll trying to get used to the time difference and getting rid of that jet lag. But so far, it's mostly cold, but I like it, the inhabitants are really nice, friendly and polite. I think I'm going to like this place!

I'll blog again when I have a better view on things.

Anna Maria