The Night Before the Great Adventure!

Annapolis Travel Blog

I spent all day Friday running around my mom's house, packing, getting things together, making sure I had everything that I needed. I tend to forget things and I really didn't want to do that this time around. So the day was spent washing clothes and packing.

My brother and I got picked up by my dad, (MarksReynolds on here) after he got off work and away we went. Got to his house and grabbed more stuff to shove into my luggage. Lena, my stepmother, and I are currently reading the same book series, which she got me into. It's the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter books. So we collaborated and decided to pack what was left of the series into ym bag to bring with us. After shoving about ten or so books into my bag I charged up my laptop and sat down for some internet time. Lena read, dad cooked pizza, and my brother played Call of Duty. This is where everything starts to go wrong, this was the first sign that this trip was going to be full of little bad moments that would make us wonder if we were cursed. The power in the entire neighborhood went out. Goodbye internet, lights, video games, and the oven with out food in it. Luckily the pizza was saved, candle were lit and flashlights were brought out.

After some very good food (my dad makes the best pizza ever) Lena and I grabbed somemore reading time by sharing a flashlight. It's amazing how well a flashlight will sit on your shoulder when your sitting on a couch with another person and both of you are reading different books. Of course the boys made fun of us, but who cares. Their brains are just too small to even begin to grasp the epicness of these books.

My brother did find something to do though, he downloaded tv shows on his cellphone. So while we read we got to listen to the antics of bugs bunny and Calimitous Sam. Ah cartoons, how I love thee.

So after some reading everyone finally piled off to bed. Me..I stayed up to read by flashlight until the power came back on, around 12:30 or so. So then I read by lamplight and finally fell asleep, knowing I had to get up really early the next morning and not liking it. I'm not the best morning person.
marksreynolds says:
Oh, I see you went back and changed it...epicness is the word you were going for :)
Posted on: Jul 20, 2008
marksreynolds says:
Hey, at least I can spell synopsis, (eipness?) if that was what you were trying to spell :]~
Posted on: Jul 20, 2008