The end of New Zealand

Christchurch Travel Blog

We hit one more spot on the west coast, Westport, before turning inland.  Along the way we stopped at NZ's longest swingbridge, the pancake rocks and a seal colony.  Of course I was excited about the swingbridge with it being like a world's largest.  The pancake rocks were formations that had been formed along the coast that looked like a huge stack of pancakes.  It was interesting how they were formed from just the water crashing on them.  After that we were off to Motueka and the Farewell Spit.  We drove along the coastline up all the way up the tip.  Saw some beautiful coastline and even had a hitchhiker with us at one point.  He was a bit odd, but it kept us entertained.  Then we made our way back to the east coast to finish up in Kaikoura and finally Christchurch.  Sara and I split a fresh prawn in Kaikoura, which was quite entertaining.  I never thought I'd see the day when Sara took a bite of fish and there were some guts on it.  All in all it was a great trip and saw lots of great landscapes.  It's great how the country is so preserved and hasn't been torn up with infrastructures.
Christchurch