Wrapping up Australia

Sydney Travel Blog

I left Cairns after a great time and moved on to another city.  Sydney is a huge city although there isn't that much there.  I walked across the Harbour Bridge and got a view of the Opera House.  I then walked through the Rocks and saw where the first European settlers had been.  I worked my way down to the Opera House to check it out.  I was amazed that the roofing of the building is simply tiles.  I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't that.  I spent a day out at Manly Beach and did another couch surfing.  This time it was an American that had transferred with work.  We all went out for a night on the town and enjoyed ourselves.  We observed some rather interesting people, which kept us entertained.  It was overcast the whole time I was there so I didn't get any beach time, but it was still pretty.  It was fun to watch the surfers as well.  I then headed back to the city to check out Kings Cross area and the botanical gardens.  I also went to the Australian Museum and saw more animals.  Turns out the Brisbane and Sydney museums were closely linked in their displays.  Spent my last night celebrating with the rest of Australia since I was leaving on Australia day.  Basically it was a 3 day weekend so everyone was celebrating their extra day off.  Why not join in...
photo by: Sunflower300