Ho Chi Minh City Travel Blog

Saigon is an amazing place.  There is so much culture around.  From the food stands alongside the street to the cramped market and the mass amounts of motorcycles, I really like it here.  The people are so friendly and want to help you, which especially nice when I don't speak their language.  It's like playing Frogger to cross the street, but it's an experience every time.  You just wait for the motorcycles to dodge you and you make it across.  There seems to be no rules when it comes to driving so it really amazes me that there aren't more accidents.  I went to the Cu Chi Tunnels the other day to see where the Viet Cong were during the Vietnam War.  It was incredible how they fit in such small tunnels.  I also went to the War Remnants Museum, but that only made me angry.  People are still suffering from what we did to them years ago.  It's sad.  The nightlife in Saigon is booming.  We did a Bai Hoi, which is getting 2 liters of beer for 50 cents and sitting in plastic furniture on the sidewalk.  It's a lot of fun.  You get entertained by street performers as well.