Back to Aberdeen

Aberdeen Travel Blog

My breakfast in Inverness.

I woke suddenly the next morning to lovely bright sunshine again. I looked at the clock and it was almost 7am! Late for me, but considering I hadn't gone to sleep until nearly midnight, not surprising!

I got ready and went down for breakfast. I had the hot breakfast again, but I skipped the square sausage. Unfortunately I didn't get a tattie scone for some reason, which explains it being missing from my picture. I really need to remember to bring my camera with me for my other breakfasts. LOL!

After breakfast, I finished the last of my packing, paid for my accomodations and said my goodbyes to Catriona. I rushed to find some stamps for the post cards I had written the previous evening, got those in the post box and I was off to the train station.

It wasn't until I was on the train that I realized that I'd never asked about the helicopter sounds I had heard the night before.

Provost Skene House, Aberdeen.
Oh well, it would remain a mystery!

I had another relaxing train ride (the motion really makes me sleepy!), this time back to Aberdeen.

I arrived at the station to be greeted by my friend, her eldest son and her fiancé. We (minus her fiancé who had to work) took a wee bit longer of a route than expected to my accomodations, and I found out that my room was on the top floor/ several floors up and of course no elevator. I managed to get my huge suitcase upstairs (thank goodness it wasn't really full!), got changed and off we went!

We had lunch in a nice little bar called "Henry's." I enjoyed some fish and chips (yes, it seems like I'll be trying it all over the place!), then we walked around a bit before heading off to pick up my friend's youngest. Once we had him, we stopped at a shop for a cake, then made our way back into town to see a movie. Unfortunately the times didn't work out, so she and I agreed to see it tomorrow instead. She and the boys headed home and I walked back toward the Pizza Hut for some dinner. I enjoyed a nice goat cheese and veggie pizza while my feet recouped from all the walking I'd done.

I then deeked into Waterstones to look through books before heading to the bus that would take me back towards the B&B to relax for the evening.

Dr_Seuss says:
Back to Furryboots City :D
Posted on: Mar 03, 2010
Fish & chips for lunch!
Fish & chips for lunch!
Henrys bar, where we had lunch.
Henry's bar, where we had lunch.
Yummy cake.
Yummy cake.
My delicious goat cheese and veggi…
My delicious goat cheese and vegg…
Aberdeen