Come on, babe, why don't we paint the town?

London Travel Blog

Finally, and sadly, I was nearing the end of my whirlwind of a trip.  We returned to London, where our flight back to the States would leave from.

Surprisingly, one of the best experiences of my trip happened neither in Liverpool nor London, but in-between!  I drove on the British highways! =D  It was one thing I felt I could not let pass me by, despite my incredible apprehension.  It really was mind-boggling to be driving on the other side of the car and the other side of the road, but I caught on quickly.  I might have been driving a little slower than I usually do(sorry other drivers!), but I managed to get by without any angry honks or dirty looks.  I even drove on the infamous roundabouts!  Now THAT was nerve-wrecking!  I probably broke a little of  sweat getting through that one, but, again, it was fun.  =)

As for London itself, by this point, everyone in my family had already experienced London.  So with all the touristy things out of the way, we(and by we, I really mean my mom and I forced a decision on everyone else) decided to catch a show- Chicago.  I absolutely loved the movie and the soundtrack, and I had been wanting to see it on Broadway for a long while.  The show was fantastic!  Much to the embarrassment, I left the theater singing out the songs. =)

London