Things I learned about Bangkok I learned In Chulalongkorn

Bangkok Travel Blog

Centralworld
Today is the day I didn't have anything planned at all. Well I actually did... go to either Lop Buri or Kanchanaburi. But I woke up late. No surprise there.
Upon waking up I texted Eiko and asked her what she and Layla were doing. Apparently they're on their way for lunch at Siam Square. I followed about an hour later and was introduced to Risa and Ton.

Since the snake farm was close and without nothing really planned, we headed off to Centralworld. Risa suggested we walk. Yes, one can walk that distance but not under the hot hot sun. We took the BTS instead. After that we paid a quick visit to Erawan Shrine and then headed to Chulalongkorn University. I've always wanted to go there. Heck, I even wanted to study there at one point in my life. Now is my chance.

Along the way, we talked about how one 7/11's "Ding Dong" is of a different pitch from the neighboring 7/11.
chulalongkorn university
And why if there's one 7/11 in this corner, there is another one 50 meters away from it. Our friends from Bangkok said that when a franchisee opens a 711, the mother company opens another one within it's immediate vicinity to compete the franchise. That's really weird.

We also tried to figure out why the ID on the taxi is not in any way resemble the driver's. Admit it, you're so curious about that one everytime you ride a cab in Bangkok. We asked the taxi driver why this is so. His reply: there are two drivers assigned for each cab. So where is his ID? It's in another taxi. Right!

In Chulalongkorn University we learned of the legend of the lake. When one spots a turtle, one gets to meet his/her soulmate.
The Balcony, Silom Soi 4
We spotted 4 to 5... ahhh! So many lovers so little time!

Then there's the hallway in the university where no student ever attempts to walk on because of a curse. Should ever one walk that hallway and cross to the other side one doesn't get to finish his/her studies at the said university. Now that's something one can use to translate into a horror screenplay.

We also learned that Siam Square, Siam Paragon and it's surrounding areas are all still part of Chulalongkorn University. They could actually stop accepting students and still earn. By the way that Chulalongkorn University is such a cool school! it's like a palace!

After that, I left the group for few hours to check out of my room and check into another. Yes, I booked two different rooms at Reflections Rooms.
patty's fiesta
This time i tried room 402 aka the "Birds Nest". Why is it called such? when you close the closet there's a fake bird that goes chirp chirp (watch the video). It's really a a nice room. I specially liked the stained glass windows and the wooden tub. I guess you knew what i did there... take loads of pictures!

I went back soon after to meet up again with the girls at Sukhumvit near Soi Nana. Wait did i just go here 2 days ago? yes i did. I bought a lonely planet book which i really didn't need for Bangkok.

After dinner, We bid goodbye to our lovely host, Risa, as me, Layla and Eiko went to Silom Soi 4 and just people-watched. The girls were all giggling at what we were seeing. What that is, you have to experience yourself... oh and this waiter, he was trying this pick-up line on me.
those who didn't do super pussy

waiter: are you virgin? (it sounded gibberish to me)
layla: he said, are you virgin? (it still sounded gibberish to me)
me: what?
waiter: are you virgin? because you ordered pina colada and we have virgin pina colada.
me: ahhhh... no.

That. Was. So Gay.

After a couple of non-virgin pina coladas after, we ended up meeting the rest of the TBs who were at Patty's fiesta just a soi away. Some of them went to Super Pussy which i gladly skipped.... Super Pussy NEVER AGAIN. I wasted 400 Baht in that hell of a place 2 years ago.

(excerpt from my Sept 28, 2007 blog: "I never drank beer that fast in my life. I think i finished one beer in less than 10 seconds. How could I not, when them prostitutes were hounding me like hyenas.")

Me and the 2 ladies I were with opted not to go. As well as Chris (dube83). The 3 went back to Khao San, while I had to go back to meet Joseph at the hotel since his plane will land in an hour. Tomorrow is the second phase of this year's Bangkok trip.

I had great fun with Eiko and Layla this day and i do miss them as i write about this. hugs girls!
jaeWALK says:
hugs eiko!
Posted on: May 15, 2009
momiji says:
Are you virgin? AHAHA! That was the funniest moment ever!! I miss you tooo!! Hugs :)
Posted on: May 14, 2009
jaeWALK says:
lori: why? was it traumatic for you too? haha! did you guys try not to get him by the darts? hahahahaha!
Posted on: May 13, 2009
pattys fiesta
patty's fiesta
those who didnt do super pussy
those who didn't do super pussy
crossing the street
crossing the street
taxi ride
taxi ride
our lovely host for today showing …
our lovely host for today showing…
the cursed hallway
the cursed hallway
layla snaps
layla snaps
hanging out at the cursed hallway …
hanging out at the cursed hallway…
why so serious?
snack break at ch…
why so serious? snack break at c…
eiko buying at 711 in chula
eiko buying at 711 in chula
refreshments
refreshments
eiko: chulas head of security
eiko: chula's head of security
footbridge time
Patty's Fiesta
pattys fiesta
Super Pussy
Super Pussy
Room #402. Why it's called the bi…
Bangkok