People Watching in Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

Sept 24.

Today was supposed to be the day trip to Kanchanaburi, but since we were both so tired from yesterday's Ayuthaya round - and Binky's stomach wasn't acting that well - we just decided to stay in Bangkok and explore our immediate surroundings.

In the morning we went to Suan Pakkad, it was just a block away from the hotel, we could have walked but it was so damn humid that we decided to take the taxi- first one tried to rip us off so i slammed the door on him. the next one we were a bit lucky. Suan Pakkad isn't all that's cracked up to be. It was a small museum that houses antiques. That's all there is to it. Although the Lacquer Pavillon and the 4 traditional Thai houses are quite nice attractions.

Later, Binky couldn't handle her stomach cramps so I decided to just spend the afternoon at the mall taking snap shots of people passing by.

Sept 25.

It was my turn to stay at the hotel. My back ached so bad, I could hardly stand up. Before lunch I finally decided that it's a waste spending the day at the hotel and i had to take more pictures... it's all about willpower. So I went to Wat Benchambopit. Splendid temple by the way! And then walked all the way to Vimanmek Mansion, and the National Assembly Hall (Parliament Building). Actually I decided not to enter Vimanmek anymore since they wouldn't allow my big camera in. That's strange because the last time I went there they allowed it.

Lacquer Pavillion
Relaxin
Relaxin Siam Paragon
Pretty in Blue and White
Siam Par…
Pretty in Blue and White Siam Pa…
Hello?