Flower Market & The Move to Reflections Rooms.

Damnoen Saduak Travel Blog

whatta face
This wasn't the first time I attempted to visit the famous floating market at Damnoen Saduak. I planned going there in the past (like twice!) but I have this problem of waking up really early in the morning. This time I didn't sleep at all so I can be ready for the early bus ride to Ratchaburi.

I invited Vaness along since he claims to have not gone there before. Good, because should I ever get lost, I won't get lost alone! Weird that I had this kind of feeling when in Vietnam last year all bets were off. And I didn't care about getting lost. haha!

The taxi ride from Lub D Hostel to the bus station gave me such a treat as I watched the city wake up. It's been the second time I've experienced sunrise in Bangkok.
J @ Floating Market
First time was in 2001 when i went strolling at Lumphini. How cheesy right? Anyway, we boarded the 6AM bus ride to Damnoen Saduak, of course I had a bit of an eye-shut there. From the bus station we walked maybe for 15 minutes to reach the market. At the bus station, some people were offering us boat rides into the market for 600 Baht. quite expensive if you ask me. When it's just a short walk away. Upon reaching the market, we had breakfast first. I love the noodles! i actually had two different kinds in one sitting.

The market was a pleasant experience. Nothing really fancy but it does give you a glimpse of thai life along the rivers. I really didn't buy anything along the river except for ice cold coffee as it was scorching hot. And the only thing I bought was the cowboy hat (that i now love so much), yet i bought it by the roadside/by the bridge.

What was unforgettable for me during this half-day trip was Mokko. The cute little doggie. As we headed back to the bus station on board a Songthaew (my first ride on one) i thought my monopod fell. I found it in my other bag 2 nights later.

Back in Bangkok, Vaness helped me move from Lub D to Reflections room in Pradiphat Road. Man, the hotel was simply amazing that it needs it's own entry in this journal...

(next up: Reflections Rooms)
jaeWALK says:
haha! of course!
Posted on: May 10, 2009
trendy_lady says:
hahhaha Oh! I love the sound of that "just a cheap airplane fare away from each other". You sure know how to make me laugh or smile whenever I read your comments :)
Then I will shout to you "Jeremy! Jeremy! kidnap me! kidnap pls!" :D
Posted on: May 08, 2009
jaeWALK says:
siti! thank you for the note! and surely you and karen can tag along because i enjoy your company very much... remember, we're just a cheap airplane fare away from each other. you never know who'll drop by singapore and kidnap you two to go to thailand again.
Posted on: May 07, 2009