A Second Chance For A First Impression

Dublin Travel Blog

Sue & Bert Finally Meet

They say you only get one chance to make a first impression...

I've never cared for that expression one bit. There is always time to changes someones first impression or so I hope. When I first met Sue it was up in Edinburgh with Hannah, Bondy and all the rest of the crew. Unfortunately by the time I had met her, I had not only finished my 6 necessary double whiskeys to get me on a plane but I had carried on drinking with Bryan and the lads before finally meeting her in the "first" official bar of the night.

This being said, you can see why I may be concerned that I did not make the best impression on the girl as much as I might have hoped. It may be almost 5 months since Edinburgh but Sue finally found the time to make it over to Dublin.

She managed to find some cheap tickets thanks to the wonderfully terrible Ryanair. She was due to fly from London to Glasgow but it worked out cheaper to stop off in Dublin for a few hours. Although her stop was about as long as Jeff's first visit, I still wanted to make it out to see her again.

We didn't have time to do too much but herself & Ben did get a good taste of Temple Bar and I succeeded in taking them to a local bar too. Surprisingily, Sue really liked the infamous Dublin Spire, can't see why myself its just an upside down thumb tac....

Next time I promise to show you more or at least show you more bars!

Dublin