Days three and four, part one.

Salisbury Travel Blog

Farewell, my dear London! I'll see you again soon.
We're now on the train to Salisbury, which is why I didn't write last night. We had to get up really early to catch the train so I went to bed as soon as I had sent off a message home.
Being on a train means that my handwriting will be much worse than usual. With the way my writing is normally, even I may not be able to decipher this later. Though it's not too bad unless we go over a weird bi the the track.
So, yesterday we were off to Buckingham Palace, but since it was raining they cancelled the Changing of the Guards ceremony, which is what we'd gone to see. Oh well.
After that we hopped on another Big Bus, this time a Blue tour instead of Red, like we'd taken before. Went around for a bit, took more pictures, hopped off at this lovely restaurant, called Giraffe. Excellent place.
We were off to the Tate once we finished lunch. Saw this one exhibit called Gothic Nightmares, which was of Fuseli and Blake, mostly, with some others as well. It was somewhat odd but I loved it.
We've stopped briefly...
We just passed a bunch of tents not too long ago. Dad said they were gypsies, most likely. Hmm.
Back to the Tate. After the Gothic Nightmares we were off to the Turner section. Beautiful, particularly the skies.
Speaking of the sky, did I mention how it looks really different here in London compared to home? It seems a lot brighter, more intense. And I swear every time I looked up there was at least one plane flying by. London Heathrow airport is ridiculously busy. When we were heading into the gate there was a big row of planes and one would take off literally every thirty seconds.
Back to yesterday. After the Tate, we went off to do a bit of shopping. Bought some souvenirs as well as a skirt that I'll be wearing to the grad in May. I'll have to find a top elsewhere, in Paris or Amsterdam.
We were off to the nearby Ibis hotel for supper after that, had some lovely fish and chips, and then back to our hotel down the road a bit. Paid for an hour of internet on the laptop. Dad did something, Mom sent off a message to my brother, who was, in my opinion, a bit daft to be staying behind. Though quite honestly it's been great, and I don't mind being the only kid here.
We have one more stop before Salisbury so I think I'll stop writing and read for a while instead. Until later.
photo by: privateliza