Day nine

Brugge Travel Blog

On another train, this one to Antwerp, where we will be changing for a train to Amsterdam.
This morning we went down to the small hotel dining room for a nice breakfast of crepes with chocolate. Then we went out for a walk around. Stopped into a chocolate museum, which displayed all sorts of things used to make/contain chocolate, in various forms, as well as having some history bites, starting with the Aztecs and Mayans to more recent years. We walked around a little more, and bought some chocolate from one of the many stores.
Before all that, though, we visited the cathedral that is home to the Madonna.
All the art and statuary was very, very nice, but somehow I wasn't awed. I felt very out of place, actually. I looked upon everything without much feeling aside from, "Oh my, that's pretty." Churches are peaceful places and often places where one may seek refuge or solace in, but I always feel extremely uncomfortable, like I'm not supposed to be there. It's rather unsettling.
I have two different ideas for short stories in my head now and I just realized that I can actually combine them. Perhaps I ought to start in on writing that on the train...
Brugge