Fly to Stockholm

Stockholm Travel Blog

Well our flights were rather uneventful.  We flew to Chicago without any problems and then sat around for our 4 hour layover before hopping on the plane to Stockholm.  Rachel had the seat behind me on the plane.  I highly suggest the Vegetarian/non-dairy meal.  I had veggies and fruit and it was pretty good for airline food.  Rach had pasta with meatballs.  I slept most of the flight; I tried to watch Kung Fu Panda but was unsuccessful after 2 attempts.  We landed in Stockholm and took the Arlanda Express into Stockholm.  While at the train station we booked our reservations for our leg to Copenhagen on Monday.  We then trecked to the hostel.
  The brochure and all info I saw on this place said it was a 10 minute walk from Central Station... it's so not.  After about a 20 minute walk we made it to the hostel and checked in.  We can't put our bags in our room until noon so I guess we're going to go exploring until then.  It's pretty chilly here (10* C) but it is pretty.  It's a really quiet town from what we've seen so far but then again we were walking through the town at 9am on a Saturday morning.

So we walked around a bit then finally bought a city tour hop-on-hop-off tour bus to take us througth the city.  It's a really pretty city and the narration (listened through our own IPod headphones) is very informative abuot the city.  The Vasa Museum is beautiful.  Much bigger than I expected.  WOW.  They even had a smaller colored replica of what it would have looked like back when it sank.  After that I realized that I lost my bus pass (IDIOT) so we were off to find an ATM.  We hopped back on the bus (me buying ANOTHER ticket) and headed to Gama Stan for lunch.  We ate at a quaint little pizza joint and then shopped a little before stopping back at the hostel to check in.  After that we headed to a little pub for a beer or 3 and then it's off to bed to fight off the jet lag.   -Kate
travelchic1982 says:
Glad you are having fun! I was in New Orleans this past week waiting for my power to come by on in Houston! I hope you and Rachel have an awesome trip!
Posted on: Sep 25, 2008
stich71303 says:
WhooHoo! You girls made it and are on the very first days of a trip you will remember forever. Get some rest and buy me something pretty from the land of our ancestors, love you, Nancy S
Posted on: Sep 20, 2008
ratu says:
I will go there from September 25th to 28th!
Posted on: May 07, 2008