Celebrating my 5,000th page view for Dar Es Salaam =)

Los Angeles Travel Blog

5000 page views as of Feb 8, 2008!
I've been meaning to write a reflective entry about my first trip to Africa for a bit now, since it's been just over 1 year ago. Everytime someone asks me about my trip, my eyes tend to glaze over and I find myself in this really happy place that I've somehow managed to carry back with me! I really long to return, but I also know that the situation was really special since I had a support network there.

I've been to a few new countries since then, but this trip remains in my heart as the pivotal moment where I decided that I must change direction in life. I have not looked back and challenged myself on so many levels to be a better, more thoughtful person. I absolutely fell in love with the idea of foreign service and hope to make my way there soon!

I'm hoping 2008 has a bit of good in store for me, I feel tired from all the work, but infinitely wiser. Crossing my fingers to take the GMAT or GRE end of this year and bowing before any unoccupied deity to be accepted somewhere suitable for 2009!

Peace be with you.
AndiPerullo says:
You are truly a beautiful and kind soul! The world is blessed with your presence and I'm so happy to call you my friend. Keep on the amazing work!!!
Posted on: Feb 12, 2008