On my way to Tanzania

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Flight Route
I think only I would opt to spend my birthday from start to finish on a plane. I couldn't wait to go to Ale's wedding in Africa, but I was so apprehensive, without a travel partner or any knowledge of this place that I suffered from anxiety attacks the week before.

I spent Friday strapped to a Holter monitor and rushing to and from the hospital and pharmacies, hypochondriac that I am. I was ready to get on this flight packing a brand new iPod shuffle (as I had lost my iPod mini coming back from Maine a couple of months ago) and a bottle of Xanax. I was all set to distract myself from any stressful thoughts that would cause me to have breathing problems/palpitations. I guess I was less brave than I thought, but the element of the unknown was irresistable.

I got on the plane and gave my seat up to a couple that had been separated, but that left me without a window seat and I badly wanted to see Mt. Kilimanjaro on landing. I was more and more excited as time went on and so the crazy person in me started taking pictures of the flight guide on our television sets =) I was so anxious and excited words can't describe it. I had been looking forward to this trip for over 5 months and I was on my way! It was totally worth exchanging the evaporation of any birthday celebration I could have had =)