The lake I always dream of

Scotts Flat Travel Blog

me doing an unsuccessful 360
As I mentioned earlier my family has come camping at this lake almost every year of my life. I am now 24 and my dad and his brother started doing this when they were my age. My family is not big on traditions but this is one that is very important to me.  Now i should also mention that because we have been coming here so long we get the same two sites every year. We have started a habit of bringing way too much stuff. Its not really roughing it but i love it. We always bring a ping pong table and horse shoes. We always have at least two boats.

My dad has become so lazy that he and my uncle actually rent a u-haul to move all the stuff up to the lake for a week. Whats even worse is my dads house only like ten miles from the lake. You can imagine being another camper and seeing a uhaul come in stuffed to the brim with ping pong tables, bbq's, and ice chests.

I have been coming here so long this lake has become a part of me. My best friend dan started camping with us when we were in fifth grade. He hasn't missed a year yet. We also used to ditch school and come to the lake to party or just relax. We have both done a lot of growing up together with many good memories at scotts flat.  Its strange but this lake is so imbedded in my psyche that I often have dreams were I am at this lake.

I am so excited about this trip. I am planning on scuba diving every day and being on the lake as much as possible.
JOEBOBBUCKET says:
I love this lake so much too. After being there for the last 13 years camping, the has become a part of me. I can not imagine a year without the lake.
Posted on: Oct 10, 2008
lovin the boat
lovin the boat
dan on the air chair
dan on the air chair
my dads boat afterburn
my dad's boat "afterburn"
getting ready for a dive
getting ready for a dive
wild manzanita tree
wild manzanita tree
dan and i got bored and started pl…
dan and i got bored and started p…
balancing drift wood