Saying goodbye to the best group of travel buddies!

Paris Travel Blog

I had to get up at 8:30am to pack up all my stuff and get it ready for the flight...naturally as soon as I arrived in Paris my bag threw up all over the room so it took me a while to gather up all my things and make sure I had everything. Ben and I were planning on leaving around 10:30 to make our way to the airport.

It was really sad saying goodbye to everyone as I had just been travelling with these people (well most of them) for the last two weeks and now who knows when I will see them next! Hannah was going to Southern France to see some relatives and then back to the UK, in a couple days Ruby is off for her RTW trip so I won't see her to the end of August. Derek is back to Ireland and then Jeff is back to the US and who knows when I will see him :(

I've just had the two most amazing weeks with my friends and we all met through this site which goes to show that you can meet other travellers and new friends for life and travel together!

Eventually Ben and I left and we took the metro to Gare du Nord and then switched to the RER to take us to the airport. Everything was really easy...when we go to the Air France section a guy just appeared from no where and took us through the machine check-in in about two seconds. Then we went to drop off our bags and that only took a second and it was all really good. I was quite impressed with Air France!

The plane was on time and everything and we took one of those airport shuttles out to the plane. So were off to Ljubljana and now begins my tour of Eastern Europe!

hannah-lou says:
Yeh...We are an awesome bunch.. miss everyone heaps!!!
Posted on: Dec 09, 2008
lovely_lori88 says:
Oh yeah!! I forgot about that lol...and yes, what a shame! :p
Posted on: Dec 07, 2008
derekbilldaly says:
You forgot how I left ages after you but still randomly met you down in the metro waiting for your train with Ben.
Such a great trip, shame you've been stuck with me since eh? haha
Posted on: Dec 06, 2008