"Camping" in Cortegaca

Cortegaca Travel Blog

Driving through the forest

Because we didn't know where to go next we decided to check out some of the campsites that were around the area to see if they were any good before we hit the road again. We saw a sign for one so we followed it and drove for about 15 minutes. We drove through a forest which was really pretty until we found the camp ground.

I was nominated to go into the office of the campground to talk to them about pricing and if they had any space left. It was 3.28 (euro) for each person and 4.37 for the car to camp for the night. I asked her if we could rents and she said they didn't have any to rent. I saw that there was a car park just before you enter the camp so I asked her if all the cars had to go in there or if we could take our car to the campsite.

THE Beast!!
If we had to put the car in the carpark we would have been pretty screwed lol. Then when she found out we didn't have any tents and we would be sleeping in the car she said she had to call someone to ask if that was OK. I said that we would just sleep outside but apparently that wasn't allowed. Anyways her manager then came into the office and he said that was OK because it was only for 1 night. So I brought in all the passports and got everything sorted out and then a guy on a bike drove us to our campsite which was at the very back where all the tents were.

After we parked we decided to walk around the grounds to see what they had. Most of the park was for trailers and just a small area in the back where we were was for tents. They had quite a lot for facilities.

Parque de Campismo de Cortegaca
Big area to wash up dishers, library, play ground, tennis courts, small shop, and restaurant etc. The toilets were kind of sketchy with the first couple just holes in the ground. Poor Lauro used those before realising that the last couple stalls were actual flush toilets with seats etc. Wern't much better though...the water splashed out onto your feet when you flushed. Ew gross!

After exploring we went back to our campsite and had some dinner. Some yummy peanut butter on bread with our canned ravioli. After dinner I went and had a shower which wasn't too bad as it was quite hot the water. Back at the campsite the boys built a fire and we just sat around it chatting and having a couple drinks.

We were thinking of sleeping outside but because the campground was right on the ocean it was really windy and way too cold to sleep outside so once it was time for bed we all got cuddled up in the car again. We took some of the bags out (mostly the food) and put it on the roof so that Hannah and Alex could put the back seat down some more and then everyone else could put their chairs back more and have more leg room for sleeping. Tonight it didn't take me long at all to fall asleep and I wasn't scared at all!

Johnb42 says:
lol
lovely_lori88 says:
Haha I'm working from my journal and I have the invoice taped in there so that's how I knew lol
lauro says:
Parque de Campismo de Cortegaca

you got that right! arrghh i forgot hows it called! hahaha
Basketball/Tennis courts