Back to Madrid to meet more friends!

Madrid Travel Blog

Dave and Russel

So after saying goodbye to Pablo's family we got a ride into Ferrol. Me, Hannah, and Ruby went with Pablo and the boys went with Manolo. Our bus departed at 1:30pm and this time it wasn't the Supra class. It was still with Asla but just a regular every day coach. Boo! The bus was 8 hours and I passed the time by listening to music and by catching up on my journal. It went pretty fast too (well for me) cause sooner or later it was 9:30pm and we were in Madrid.

We took the metro to Tribunal station where our hostel was located. We were staying at Pop hostel. Before we left for our Spain/Portugal trip I was assigned the task to choose the Madrid hostel. The only criteria that was set out for me; cheap.

HAHAH!
It was the cheapest hostel we could find and pretty central so for 17 euro a night we took. And when I say we took it, I mean we over-took it. It was filled with travbuddies! There was us 6 and then at the hostel we were meeting Kat, Mark, Dave, Jeff, and Estephanie. When we left the station Estephanie was at the station waiting for us and she showed us the way to the hostel.

As we were checking in Mark suddenly appeared! He wasn't supposed to be in Madrid until tomorrow but he managed to switch his flight and didn't tell us and suprised us. Kat was at reception as well! It was so good to catch up with everyone. Alex was in a random room somwhere in the hostel, same with Lauro. Mark and Kat were in the same room together and luckily, Ben, Ruby, Hannah and I were all together in a 4 bed dorm which was really awesome.

Me and Lauro switched hats haha
No worrying about people stealing or waking anyone up when we come back drunk haha. The guy at reception told me that a Dave had asked if I was at the hostel which meant that Dave was already there! We found out what room he was in and then we ran and jumped on him to wake him up lol. Poor guy got pick pocketed when he did the running with the bulls!

In Mark and Kat's room there was this English guy whose name was Russel. Kat had also met a Canadian girl named Steph who was staying at the hostel that Kat was staying at the night before and they were going to come out with us. Our group got kind of mixed up and seperated with all the room seperation and what not. We left to go find some food and then to go out. We stopped off at some random chicken fast food place that is similar to KFC but a lot grosser lol.

Group shot!
After that we went back to the hostel to walk Hannah back as she was feeling really sick and didn't want to go out.

We went to this Australian themed bar that we saw on the walk called Freeway. We had a really good time there but holy cow was it expensive. Ruby bought the first round and it was 15 euro! What a shocker after paying 3 euros for a round in Cedeira!! Well we had to go back to the hostel to get some money and to meet up with part of the group that we lost so we got our bottles of booze that we bought back in Cedeira and made Lauro put them in his bag for us. Even though we did that, 3 cokes still cost 9 euro!! We hung out at the Freeway for quite a while until some of the people wanted to go back to the hostel to go to bed.

The pansies!!

So half of our group went back to the hostel and the rest of us (me, Ruby, Mark, Kat, Dave, Russel, and Steph) headed out to look for another bar. We walked around for quite awhile as it seemed that nothing was open at all. We finally found a bar...and it was pretty random. The place was called Garaje Sonico and it was pretty random. Dave was convinced that it was actually a gay bar. They played the most random music like Mr. Sandman, Summer Nights, and Hey Ya. I had lots of fun just dancing the night away to all the random songs. Unfortunatley the bar closed eventually and we had to leave.

We went to walk Steph back to her hostel and for some random reason we just started hanging out on the street. What started out to be an e-mail swap turned into sailor tattoos from Ruby. Haha oh good times. Well we made it back to the hostel around 4am I think.

Bondy2007 says:
Dont remember much off that....:p
Posted on: Sep 11, 2008
lauro says:
who are you calling pansies huh?!!!! hahahahahahah hahahahah hahahhaa

WHAT?!!!!! the first round 15 euros?!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!
Posted on: Sep 10, 2008
Sporting our Ruby tattoos
Sporting our Ruby tattoo's
Hehe with the tattoo artist
Hehe with the tattoo artist
Russel wasnt too impressed with h…
Russel wasn't too impressed with …
You cant tell but it says Dave w…
You can't tell but it says "Dave …
Russel, Ruby, Kat, and me