Bye bye London!

London Travel Blog

I officially moved out of my flat in London yesterday so last night Hannah and I spent the night at Ruby's house. We left around 3pm to head to Victoria station to catch the train to Gatwick where we will meet Ben. I was supposed to go in earlier then the girls and put my bags in storage as a friend from high school is arriving into London today and I really want to see him. Unfortunately though his plane has been delayed by 5 hours which means by the time he arrives in London we will already be gone on our way to Gatwick. By chance we managed to be at Victoria station at the same time (him coming from Gatwick and us heading to) so I got to see him for about 5 minutes. We ran to catch the train and almost missed it...we thought we were running behind but when we got to the airport we realised we had lots of time. We met up with Ben and met his mum as well. We got all checked in and went through security etc. Once we finally got through it turned out that we didn't have enough time to get something to eat before we had to board and we were all starving. So we quickly grabbed something from McDonalds as it is the quickest. As soon as we bought it we checked the screen and turns out our flight has been DELAYED FOR TWO HOURS!! Gah, what a piss off! We could have had something decent to eat! And not to mention now we have to wait in the airport for 2 hours and Alex and Lauro will have to wait longer for us in Madrid. The time at the airport went by fairly quickly though...we just chatted and read some magazines etc. When we finally got to go to the gate we had to wait more there before we could actually get on the plane. Ben got told off by some random for apparently swearing too much when the guy had his headphones in and was reading a book! wtf?
marksreynolds says:
Congrats on your featured blog Lori!!! It's always fun to read about your adventures :)
bernard69 says: