TGV to Tours, France

Tours Travel Blog

After a long day of travelling and a wonderful bike tour last night, I had to wake up rather early and get back to the airport to meet Lexi! I hope this goes well because I have not talked to her in 2 weeks.  Our plan before she left the US was to meet up by the train hub in the airport! She has my cell number and can call me if anything happens.  This time I make my way to the airport via public transport and how simple it was! Took the metro a little ways and then hopped on another train which takes you out to the airport.
     Now our plan is to buy tickets for the TGV, fast train, and head out of the city to a little town, TOURS. It took under 2 hours via the TGV to get to Tours.  We paid about 90Euro for a roundtrip ticket but it was worth it. It got a little confusing once we arrived into Tours because the train does not go all the way into town, we got off and had to take a bus further into town. Our bus driver was very helpful, even gave us a map of the town and showed us our stop! How Awesome!  We stayed at a really nice hostel in the old section of town and I cant remember the name, oops but it was always a dorm! Everyone so far has been very helpful!  We had time to wander about and enjoy the sights of this quaint town!
206 km (128 miles) traveled