On my way Again!

Paris Travel Blog

So the trip was inspired by my friend Lexi because she was on her way back from Africa, another work trip, and had a few days to CHILL in Europe! Since I now live in Copenhagen, Denmark it was very simple to meet up with her!  I went a day early, on my own, to scout out Paris and begin my own need for traveling!

So here I am alone in Paris! The places we end up alone! But I await the arrival of Lexi tomorrow early AM at the airport!  I ended up taking a taxi to the hotel because I had a little trouble with the ticket machine for the train. Already took out my alloted amount from the ATM today and the machine would not take my card and did not have any change!  But I studied this area because I had to find my way back and meet Lexi!  I do hate trying to figure out public transportation alone in a new city!  It always takes one a little time to acquaint to the system but once that is accomplished you can find your way thru life simply.
     I am staying in the Montmartre area and have found numerous Metro stations nearby and some nearby hot spots.  My hotel was close to CLICHY metro stop and a very nice area!  I found a flyer advertising FAT TIRE BIKE TOURS and decided at that moment my activity for the day would be this tour.  I have taken many bike tours in various cities in Europe and they are always the best way of seeing the city quickly! I choose to take the night tour which was a 5 hour bike tour! The flyer stated that we will meet at the South Pillar of the Eiffel tower. So there I stood in plenty of time admiring this amazing structure! Time ticked by and I have not yet seen the Fat Tire bike sign,began to get a little nervous that no one would show up! And then suddenly from across the street I could see a guy caring a large sign and my hopes were fulfilled!  Chase our tour guide was also from Texas and we began chatting about the Hill Country and other nearby areas. What a small world, meeting another Texan in Paris.  The tour was the highlight of this day. We saw the entire town light up brilliantly at night, Notre Dame, Louve, Eiffel Tower sparkling and a boat tour with wine!!  I had no problem finding my way back to the hotel at 12midnight alone.
206 km (128 miles) traveled