Time for Typhoon Lagoon

Orlando Travel Blog

 › entry 4 of 5 › view all entries
The Princess is pooped!

After a good night's sleep, we awoke rested and very ready to go to Typhoon Lagoon, the other WDW waterpark.  It was important to be

there as early as possible to get good seats and to beat the crowd.  Shortly after the 9am opening, we were there and set up in a good location near the gi-normous wave pool.  Looks like some of the groups from Brazil are here.  There's a big pile of those matching backpacks

they carry around a little ways away.   We hit the family raft ride and then walked over to the water rollercoaster.  This was big fun!

The kids rode it twice since the wait was really short.  Then I went to the chairs to chill out with my book and everyone else went off to ride slides without innertubes

and presumably, get some wedgies.

Ducks all around.
  After an hour or so, my family came to find me and we went on the Lazy River ride around the perimeter

of the park.   Then we got in the huge wave pool.  Every 5 minutes there is a machine that generates a huge wave at the back of  the area.  It makes a warning sound, kind of like a growl, and everyone screams in anticipation.  It comes foward and spends itself, much like

the ocean.  If you're not careful you'll get knocked over!  We played in the waves for a bit, then DS went off to ride a particular slide again and DD just wanted to rest.  DH and I went to get a frozen beverage with a little kick to it.  It hit the spot!  After hooking up with

the kids again, we got inline for the family raft ride again, this time with a little bit of a wait.

The Swan hotel.
   Then we fed everyone and just chilled

out.  Of course, being in Central Florida, the sky clouded over and the wind kicked up.  We're not under a shelter today, and we're

not sticking around for a redeux!  We'd had about 5 good hours here, so it was back to the resort.  It did sprinkle a bit, but cleared

up by the time we got back.  We got cleaned up and the kids wanted to rest in the room, so DH and I headed out for an early happy

hour.  Then,  after grabbing the kids , we walked around the Boardwalk area, went back to the ESPN shop and the Boardwalk Sweets shop, took a silly

photo in one of those tiny photo booths, and headed back.  Tonight we ate at Beaches and Cream, burgers, fries and ice cream all

around!  Then we just relaxed by the pool and enjoyed the resort and our last night.

The kids at the top of the pirate ship water slide.
  DH and I walked over to see the inside of the

Swan and Dolphin resorts then came back and sat on the beach.  We watched the ducks and the kids on the waterslide.  Eventually,

it was time to go in to pack and sleep one last time in our beautiful room.  We are leaving here at 8am, so it was a relatively early night

for us.  Not so much for the idiots in the next room.  Did I mention the walls are thin?  The dad was on the phone at 11:30pm carrying on in the loudest voice possible. Their room service was WAY late, like 3 hours, for his 5 kids.   Now that is a legit complaint.  But dude, chill out!

People are trying to sleep around here, you know.  Security came and knocked on their door and told them to hold it down, and finally we

all got some sleep. 

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
The Princess is pooped!
The Princess is pooped!
Ducks all around.
Ducks all around.
The Swan hotel.
The Swan hotel.
The kids at the top of the pirate …
The kids at the top of the pirate…
photo by: Reephboy