The Magic Kingdom and EPCOT

Orlando Travel Blog

First visit to the Magic Kingdom

We woke early, from excitement, and got ready for our first big day.  DH took care of the checking out/transfer of luggage while I got ready

and got the kids up.  It was a LONG hike over to the foodcourt for breakfast!  After a quick bite it was back to the room to brush teeth and

call for the luggage transfer.  We then caught a bus over to the Magic Kingdom.  I could not sit still on the way over I was so excited!

The kids are getting excited, especially my daughter.  Finally, we arrived, and in we went.  There is Cinderella's Castle, looking just like

it did in 1982.  Beautiful!  I made a quick detour into City Hall to get some free "1st Visit" buttons, which I made the kids put on and

wear the rest of the day.

The Wicked Stepmother.
LOL!  Did I mention we all have on Disney shirts?  Our Disney store had them on sale for $2.99, and I could

not resist.  They don't match, but if they had ,I probably would be tied up somewhere by my kids.  There are Early Magic Hours today which means resort guests are in before the general public.  We made a beeline for Space Mountain and were on in 10 minutes.  DD screamed

the whole time and I laughed. We got fast passes to ride again in the early afternoon, then headed over to Big Thunder Mountain and

Splash Mountain.  Again, hardly any wait for both, and they are popular rides.  My shorts got soaked on Splash Mountain and took forever

to dry since they were denim.  We hit Pirates of the Caribbean and made some purchases.

Taken on the Teacup Ride
  Earrings for me, souveniers for the kids' friends

and Christmas ornaments.  The ornaments will be sent over to our resort for us so I don't have to tote them around.  Bonus!  After some looking around, my daughter and I had our picture taken with the Wicked Stepmother from Cinderella.  Then it was over to the Mad Hatter

Teacups!!  The kids thought they were too old for this, but I insisted, and they LOVED it!  I even got some photos while riding.  Then it was

lunchtime at Cosmic Ray's Cafe.  We had all worked up quite an appetite.  DD and I ate healthy while the guys got burgers and fries.  Afterward, the guys went to a show at the Hall of President's while DD and I chilled out and watched people.

There are several groups

here from Brazil, looks like high school age.  Lots of people eating good looking junk food too. We decided to join the crowd and share a

Mickey Mouse Ice Cream.  Yummers!  We met back up with the guys and rode the Haunted House and (heehee) It's a Small World.  Lots

of eye rolling here, but it is a Disney initiation requirement!  It was around 2pm and we had seen everything we wanted here, so we

hopped the monorail over to EPCOT.  It's really hot out now, so we wander over to Club Cool and sample some free sodas from around

the world.  Refreshed, we decide to get in line for Test Track, since we figure the kids would enjoy it more than Soarin', and Soarin' has a

LONG wait and no Fast Passes left.

Yummers! A Mickey Ice Cream.
  Test Track is a huge hit and wakes us all up a bit.  We then proceeded to walk around the World Showcase, starting with Mexico.  It's 5 o'clock somewhere, so I had a Dos Equis and DH had a Margarita.  We continued walking.

Both kids had their pictures taken in front of a Viking warrior in Norway.(our school mascot is a Viking) We looked around China, bought

the kid's some cool looking necklaces.  Over to Germany, where we sampled Beck's beer.  Then we meandered through Italy, the USA

and FINALLY to France.  I love France, and there is a lot of neat things here.  Of course I browsed a long time in the shops!  It's 4pm, and time

to check in at the Beach Club.  On the short walk over we had a photo op with Chip and Dale.

My Viking with a real Viking.
  Our new room is very spacious, on the first

floor, and close to the Marketplace, where we'll get breakfast and refill our $12 mugs.  We immediately changed into our swimsuits and hit

the pool.  The bottom is sand!  Very relaxing and so nice to sit down.  Hunger set in eventually, so we cleaned up and made the short

hike to EPCOT for dinner.  Of course everyone wanted something different!  DH and DD ended up with Chinese and DS and I ended up with

Mexican, and everything was delicious.  Walking back we had the first ugliness of our trip.  DD went Sybil on us, then turned into the chick

from The Exorcist.  Words were exchanged and there were some tempers!  After the fact, we attributed this to everyone being tired.  But

in the meantime, to cool everyone off, the kids went back to swim and DH and I went over to England.  After watching the Illuminations show

we went to check on the kids and then sat on the beach area with a nightcap.  It was a great day, and we'll take the good stuff  memories with us and leave the bad ugliness behind. Tomorrow we're going to Hollywood!

Mommeee!!! Mickey and Minnie!!
Yummers!  A Mickey Ice Cream.
Yummers! A Mickey Ice Cream.
My Viking with a real Viking.
My Lady Viking with a real Viking.
My Lady Viking with a real Viking.
EPCOT