The Beach

Vietnam Travel Blog

Went to Nha Trang for 3 nights, the bus journey was a gruelling 14 hrs! Once we got there it was fun though, we made friends with a Vietnamese boy called Joum and some Russian girls called Anya and Tanya. We lazed around the beach, went swimming and went to a bar by the beach at night. The street food is so nice, so much better than the restaurants and so much cheaper. There is a resort called Vinpearl opposite our beach across the water, on one of the mountains they have a Hollywood style sign 'Vinpearl' it's unbelievably tacky. Were going to come back to Nha trang and do some diving! So excited.

We came back and picked up Chris' mum, dad and sister, it was a bit weird and awkward. Chris' dad is quite irritating, sometimes quite insulting, and he is always cracking stupid jokes. I feel much more comfortable with Oanh and her husband (G), infact these past few days I've felt a bit sad, don't really know why, probably just a bit homesick. The next day we went for breakfast with Oanh and G, then to a Buddhist temple where Chris' granddads ashes are. A Vietnamese woman asked to have her photo taken with me, so odd. Then we went for dinner and coffee, I began to feel really sick, and when we got home Oanh looked after me.

The next day we woke up early and went to go get some more material and advice from a tailor. I am having a black Chanel-style jacket, black satin pencil skirt and grey silk dress made, really excited! I really want to get my hair dyed darker as it's cheap over here, but haven't managed to organise it yet.

Today there was a big thunderstorm and a power cut, torrential rain....but still fun. I think my belly is reacting strangely to the food. Hopefully I'll feel better soon. Going to the beach in Da Nang with Chris' parents tomorrow. Will write more in a week.