Beautiful Norway

Norway Travel Blog

As we left from Oslo we were suppose to drive to Trollstigen. We all knew that there would be amazing views, but we were still amazed! It was late night or early morning when we saw first ones of these views. Lighting at that time and foggy weather made it even more beautiful. We actually stopped at one gas station just to wash our windscreen so that we would see better. :) My friend's favourite hobby in car is sleeping and guess what? She was sleeping! Me and my dad screamed her to come down (she was sleeping in upper bed of RV's bunk bed), but she didn't believe us about what she was missing out! We didn't know how to find to Trollstigen 'cause it wasn't mentioned on our map and our navigator was broken (or not broken, but it seemed not to work outside of Finland).

I wouldn't believe that this pic is from Norway if I had not take it myself.
So we stopped at one gas station which by the way was on amazing place. We actually saw from there mountain which had snow on it in middle-July. In that point that was wierd, but later it already felt normal after seeing many other mountains like that. Workers on that gas station didn't know anything about anything so I needed to watch map from gas station's computer (I didn't know how it really works 'cause it wasn't normal computer so I asked from workers, but again they didn't know anything). We also ate there. Only I ordered food, my friend wasn't hungry so she only ordered cup of tea and my dad did order only coffee, but both of them actually ate my french fries! Thiefs... I need to mention that I don't recommend that gas station. Service was horrible. What a shame that I don't remember it's name.
Trollstigen

After leaving from gas station my friend went back to sleep! Idiot... Views got only better as we drived more far. It was already morning (6 or 7am) when we finally were enough close to Trollstigen. We slept couple hours. You would think it is nice to wake up in the sound of waterfall, but those damn things bothered me whole night (I am light sleeper). After morning stuffs we drived to Trollstigen (only about half kilometre from where we had parked). At this point I will mention that Trollstigen is winding mountain road and it is popular tourist sight. My dad said that the road looks horrifying. We should have attend more to that sentence at that point. After driving some time along Trollistigen my dad had malignant fear of high places. He had never had anything like that before so even he was surprised about it.

He couldn't keep on driving more further and fortunately there was lookout spot near of us. It was really hard to turn RV around there, but we were able to make it. It is a shame that we didn't have a chance to go all the way to up, but it was one of those things that you can't prepare to when planning a trip.

Trollstigen was the last stop on our schedule, but 'cause it didn't go as we planned we decided to stop in Trondheim which was on our way. We thought that there would be something interesting (because it use to be Norway's capital), but after driving around some time and asking from locals we were pretty sure that only tourist sight there is TV-tower. We went to see that tower, but I wasn't able to go to tower 'cause only way to up was lift and I have fear of narrow places (includes lifts).

Nidaros Cathedral
My dad and friend went there, but they said that there was nothing special. We also did go to see Nidaros Cathedral, but unfortunately it was closed. At least I got some good photos there.

After leaving from Trondheim only thing to do was driving. In a first entry of this Summer Trip 2008 blog I have mention things that we did in a car so I'm not gonna repeat myself by listing those things here. Now I had more things to photograph than in the start of our trip so I spended more time with my camera too. At one resting place (actually I have no idea what they are called, but they are extensions next to road where cars can stop) one Dutchman came to talk to my dad. My dad doesn't speak English (nor Dutch) so they took me to translate what they said! Poor me... I was trying to write I song and they bothered my inspiration! Nothing more special happened that day. At some point of the night we arrived to border of Sweden, but I'm writing about that in next blog entry (because this entry is about Norway). I had many amazing pics during the day, but of course the views don't look so amazing in pic than in nature.

moshers_moll says:
I think I've probably smiled at these pics already but they are amazing! Can't wait to see them in person :-)
Posted on: Aug 20, 2008
I wouldnt believe that this pic i…
I wouldn't believe that this pic …
Nidaros Cathedral
Waterfall which did keep me awake.
Waterfall which did keep me awake.
Another photo from Trollstigen