Another day in Copenhagen

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Copenhagen

Waking up in the centre of Copenhagen after most continuous sleep that I have had on this trip (or will get). After breakfast and other morning things I take up a map and we start to drive to Copenhagen's zoo. Well, that map wasn't the best (it didn't even show all streets), our navigator didn't work and none of us had been Copenhagen before, we got a bit lost. Fortunately I was able to get "back in the map" and could get us to the zoo. Then comes the hardest part of the morning: parking. We were really lucky to find parking place next to Tivoli a day before, but this time we weren't so lucky. It was first good day (if we don't count that day which we spend sitting in car) of our trip and many people had decided to go to zoo.

Entrance of Copanhagen Zoo
Zoo's parking place was full and we needed to drive another parking place which was almost one kilometre from the zoo (which doesn't now sound so much, but thinking that we were suppose to walk whole day in zoo this one more kilometre sounded a lot. plus I noticed in morning that I have blister on my foot). After we got into the entrance of zoo there were LONG queue. When we were standing in queue one of us (can't remember who) did mention how good weather was and only minute or two after this it started to rain! Thankly it was only little and short rainshower. The queue was so long that more workers came to sell tickets.

Weather was again good when we finally got in. Now it was time to put my new camera on test: I take LOTS of pictures when in zoo.

This monkey came to look at me. :)
Afterwards I can say that camera worked really well and I got many really good pics. First animals which we saw were lions and flamingos. Flamingos didn't like me 'cause they all were standing almost next to walking road, but when I walked there they all runned to opposite of the cage. I hate those birds (only a joke). After we arrived to monkeys' cage my dad decided that he doesn't try to stay on our speed and goes to drink coffee and then walks alone through the zoo. Some monkey's did actually pose to us and one monkey was swinging around in cage and sometimes came to look at me when I was trying to take picture of it. We didn't see penguins closely in last zoo where we visited (two days earlier), but this time we were luckier and they were  really close to where we were standing.
Panda!
And we were lucky too with seals because when we gotted on their cage it was their feeding time. But with elephants we weren't so lucky goes they were far away from wathing area.

It is really hard to photograph animals through bars (you know if you have tried). One leopard, or was it cheetah, came really close to me, but because of bars I didn't get good pic of it. Tigers were easy targerts for pictures, mostly 'cause they were too lazy to run around the cage. My favourite animal is panda. I didn't know that there is pandas until I walked to their cage. I was in heaven! Fortunately I'm not like my friend (who I didn't almost get off from meerkats in previous zoo) and we could continue walking. On of my fears jumped on my face (almost literally) in tropic house; butterflies.

I have fear of bugs, but most people (not even my dad or friend) don't seem to understand that I'm scared of butterflies (they are bugs too, not just flying colourful things!). In tropic house there were flying butterflies everywhere and for some reason (maybe because I was looking crocodiles) I didn't see them right away. After I turned around my friend pointed me one butterfly and then I noticed them all. I almost screamed, solidified on that place for a moment and then run away from there. My friend didn't see that I leave so she continued walking and we got lost of each other. For some reason I couldn't call my friend and I couldn't send message 'cause I broked my phone a day before, but thankly I met my dad on gorillas' cage (part of tropichouse).
Polar bears
I sended him to look for my friend, but he didn't see her. Luckily she finally noticed that I wasn't with her anymore and she sended my message saying that she is on crocodiles' basin.

After getting out from tropic house my dad left on his way and me and my friend on our. Next animal which we saw was anteater. There were two of them, another was sleeping and another was walking back and forth. We had fun when we tried to get good picture of that walking anteater. Next animals on turn were maras, llamas and something which looked like muskrat, but I think it wasn't. Somewhere around here it started to rain again, but again it was little and short rain. We decided to go on other side (zoo is divided on both sides of the road and they are connected with tunnel), but before that we went to see last animals which we hadn't seen from that side: wolfes and bear (brown and polar).

Tasmanian devil, so cute!
I have seen wolfes and brown bears many times, but I wanted to see polar bear. Another polar bear was really cute. It tried to jump off from cage to the people. :)

When we got on the other side we met again my dad and decided to walk through other side together. I bought all of us ice creams (after I got enough of my dad's and friend's begging), but I only eat half of mine 'cause I got really guilty feeling from eating ice cream while I am on diet. After ice cream-break we continued walking. We saw giraffes, zebras and other animals like those. One tortoise tried to get out of enclosure. Kangaroos were a bit dissapointment 'cause I have waited to see big kangaroos, but those were small ones. But they were really cute. :) After this I got really excited.

Challenge for a duel.
Animals which I had waited most to see were Tasmanian devils and 'cause they and kangaroos are from Australia I thought that next animals are them. I was right. If you haven't ever see Tasmanian devil I can tell that they don't look like Tasmanian devil from Looney Tunes. :D They are much cuter (not saying that Looney Tunes' one isn't cute). There was big glass over the fencing so I haded to stand over it's support and reach out to get pics from them.

On goat's fencing you could go walk in there and scratch goats. First there were only couple goats (other were on area where people couldn't go), but later almost all goats came there. Small ones were really cute and in one point two of them start fighting (of course it was just a play). Guinea pigs were cute.

Little one's expression is so cute.
Last animals were farm-animals and llamas. Chickens, hens and cocks could run free and they came ask for food from people. They were last animals on the other side.

Back on the main side. Me and my dad decided to go on lookout spot (is that right word?) in tower. It costed 20 krones so my mingy-friend didn't want to ge there. There were no elevator so we needed to walk up there. I don't know how tall the tower was, but there were LOTS of stairs. View from there was really good so it was worth of climbing those stairs. When we got back on ground we needed to sit for a while. There was one old man who had have a heart attack (or so we thought) and workers were trying to stimulate him. When ambulance arrived man was on conscious so I think he didn't die or anything else.

The Little Mermaid

After leaving from the zoo we were suppose to drive to The Little Mermaid statue. It seemed really hard thing to do, but luckily we saw one sign saying Den lille Havfrue (The little mermaid) and we started to follow those signs. We founded the statue. We took lots of pictures of it and of course pics of us standing in front of it. Some Japanese tourists asked us to take picture of them standing in front of the statue. When we had enough pics we started to walk back to the RV, but my friend saw shells and started to collect them. Me and my dad waited for really long time when she was collecting them, so long that my dad had enough of waiting and left me to wait alone. In some point I thought that we should just carry her in RV (she is really small).

We would have not been complaining, but 'cause we still needed to drive almost 300 kilometres that day it was annoying that she collected those shells for so long. After she finally stopped we went to see couple other statues too (almot next to The Little Mermaid) and then got back on the road.

Nothing special happened while we were driving so I'm gonna end this blog here.

Challenge for a duel.
Little ones expression is so cute.
Little one's expression is so cute.
Monkey-family
Monkey-family
Swimming seal
Swimming seal
Cute otter
Cute otter
This anteater walked back and fort…
This anteater walked back and for…
Maras
Maras
Giraffes looking at something
Giraffes looking at something
Tortoise trying to come out of enc…
Tortoise trying to come out of en…
Kangaroo eating cookie.
Cock standing behind me.
Small hen
Small hen
Copenhagen Zoo
Another pic of The Little Mermaid.
Another pic of The Little Mermaid.
Copenhagen Sights & Attractions review
The Little Mermaid
If you are in Copenhagen you must go to see The Little Mermaid. Statue is placed in the harbour and it is pretty easy to find. There is many signs to… read entire review
Copenhagen Sights & Attractions review
Copenhagen Zoo
If you visit Copenhagen you should go to this zoo (I really recommend this place to everyone). Price is cheap and you get a chance to see some exotic … read entire review
photo by: the_bill