A new continent - Saturday
Paris Travel Blog› entry 2 of 12 › view all entries
July 22nd, 2006 – by: tbone
- Arrive Paris Ch. de Gaulle 6:23 am
- RER to downtown (note that I paid like 8 â‚¬ for this, when technically it was included with my Eurail pass)
- With no plan other than to meet Adam sometime that day at the hostel we had booked, my first instinct was to see the La Tour Eiffel. So I got on a metro with my giant bag (later weighed in at 18kg = 40 lbs) and found the tower ! I half figured / half hoped there would be some kind of tourist spot there with a locker (later I realise that was wrong and a stupid notion). So I carried my heavy bag around until 1 pm when I decide to go back to a train station and use a locker, so I get back to Gare d'Austerlitz (Austerlitz Station).
- Then I went to see Notre Dame, and Arc de Triumph
- I realise around 4 or 5pm that I should get to the hostel, because there is a good chance Adam would be there by now. I finally find the place by 7 pm after riding the metro and walking around for a couple of hours. (This would later become the norm when I'm looking for hostels)
- I had an Amsterdam Navigator 8.4% and a Heineken with an anchovy pizza. We ate our pizzas by the seine right here.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!