Sunday

Paris Travel Blog

• After having seen the eiffel tour, I figure it is necessary to go up in it.  Adam agrees, so we go do that.  Nice view.  I have photos...
  • We decide to go check out the Arc de Triumph, as Adam did not see it yet, and we heard from some guys in the hostel that the Tour de France was going to be around there...
  • We do find the Arc, and all of the Champs-Élysées is closed off for the finnish of the race.  Awesome !  We totally lucked into seeing this.  It is really nice outside, and we find a spot along the route to wait for the pack.  Like a few other people, I climb a tree.
  • We get sandwiches, mine was a boeuf haché.  (later on I had a smoked salmon one)
  • We try to get across town to the Paris Jazz fest where kenny garrett was supposed to be, but when we finally find the place, we discover it is already over!
  • We wander around in the park, and see the Château de Vincennes, which is impressive, so the trip was not a total loss.
  • We proceed to drink some wine, one bottle was 2.40€, the other 1.85€ !!
  • We find a drum circle in the park and watch that for a while.
  • We are pretty bombed by this time, and spend a long time walking back to the hostel.  I now realise that the chateau is basically directly east of the hostel, and would probably take 40 mins to walk.  At the time it probably took us over 2 hours !
Paris