Autumn in the Mountains

Zakopane Travel Blog

somewhere in the wilds :)

If you don’t have anything better to do - visit Polish mountains in the autumn. :o) The colours and views are just picturesque. The atmosphere idyllic and restful.

But while in the mountains - remember! Don’t stand in a highlander’s way. In case if you consider yourself daring – don’t be surprised if you end up with a fork stabbed in your back! :o)) Yeah, of course, I’m exaggerating! Still, highlanders in Poland are as passionate and traditional as any other highlanders in Europe :o) You gotta love them tho! So the mountains. Or maybe I love them as I feel at home whenever I come here?

The Beskids and Tatras are my favorites. Nice for  hiking, for long or short strolls. :o) And of course for ‘oscypek’ (local smoked cheese) and ‘krupnik’ (honey vodka). Speaking of witch, another good piece of advice – don’t party with highlanders! Even if you think your head can take A LOT ;o)

The ‘mountainy’ south of Poland is worth visiting to experience a long-established  and traditional  lifestyle synchronized with sunrises and sunsets. There is time and place for everything. Believe it or not, here  milk comes from a cow ;o))

margmack says:
Makes me want to go! Great photos
Posted on: Jan 23, 2008
nonna says:
Great photos and great writing too. You really made me want to visit Poland as soon as possible!
Posted on: Jan 28, 2007
somewhere in the wilds :)
is there anything more you need? :)
is there anything more you need? :)
you talkin to me? ;)