Marano Lagunare - Italy

Marano Lagunare Travel Blog

Ilaria and I
Today I gave Mrs. Di Matteo a call first thing in the morning. I planned to arrive in Latisana at 13h30. Her lovely friend and my new Italian grandmother, Ms. Rosina, gave me a ride out to Marano to meet Mrs. Di Matteo, her step son Niki, and his two young daughters and son.

Lunch and dinner were both amazing but the conversation and family life was even better for me.

A side note about today is that I am Ms. Rosina's new grandson because when she was 10 years old the US soldiers were in Latisana after liberating them?? She has been forever grateful and was happy to claim the first American male she could. I am happy to be that person haha. Also, she never had any grandchildren of her own so I am happy to say I am her first and only :)
krisks75 says:
Nice! You must have a great personality to get in with the locals like you do. You'll have to let us in on your secrets.
Posted on: Oct 09, 2008
cmari11 says:
Ah, of course. I met Mrs. Marie, Mrs. Di Matteo's sister, in Ireland during a tour of the Dingle Peninsula. We hit it off so well that when I told her about my future plans she mentioned she had a sister who lived near Venice.

We exchanged email addresses and the rest is history haha.
Posted on: Oct 07, 2008
krisks75 says:
I might've missed something somewhere, Corey, but could you explain your connection with Mrs. Di Matteo?
Posted on: Oct 06, 2008
Ilaria and I
Ms Rosina taking me to meet Mrs. D…
Ms Rosina taking me to meet Mrs. …
Ms. Rosina