Departure Day

Boston Travel Blog

I can't believe I am actually doing this. Alone in Europe for 9 weeks with just a backpack, passport, and railpass!?!?

Words can't express how hard it was leaving my family. They only saw me leave once, but I had to walk away from each one individually knowing it would be the last time I saw them for months. I admit that it didn't hit me until last night. Thank God for technology.

So dad dropped me off this morning right? I walk in and look at the departure schedule. JetBlue flight to JFK CANCELED!! What the hell right? Luckily I had booked my flight as a packaged international flight because everyone else was turned away until the morning. The cancelation was due to weather, but somehow I can fly into Boston on the flight they were telling everyone else was fully booked. Royce's prayers no doubt.

sylviandavid says:
Good job on getting past the road blocks... Sylvia
Posted on: Oct 11, 2008
marino10 says:
Ma Ma said "God DOES answer prayers!" Your candle is burning in St. John the Evangelist Church as we speak and there's another one at her house! Last night Ma Ma and I thought of you each time we woke up. Then we calculated what time it was where you are. You are always on our minds. Love ya!!
Posted on: Aug 16, 2008