Berlin - Germany

Berlin Travel Blog

Today was not totally a travel day. I got to taste some really good Dutch pancakes Carolien made for breakfast for starters.

I headed out early and picked up a little something for mom then headed back through Dam Square to the main street leading from the station for more fries with the garlic mayo sauce. I know, a bit strange back home but its part of the culture here!!

I took one last goodbye stroll through the Red Light district then boarded the train for Berlin at about 15h00.

I got to the hostel around 22h30 or so and met 3 guys from Madrid who are my roommates. We chatted about our travels so far then decided to go out to have a drink around 0h30. They all had bikes and luckily I was able to rent one out from the hostel for 10 euro per 24 hours. This was perfect because I could use it tonight and all day tomorrow. I think it was actually cheaper than what they paid somewhere else.

Not much was open so late (it took me a while to get the bike and then for us to cycle out there), but we did find a place where we were able to drinks although there wasn't many people there.

We headed back to the hostel after the drinks. They are taking a day trip out of Berlin tomorrow and I am exploring the city, but we made plans to meet up again around midnight for another night out.
cmari11 says:
City Hostel Berlin
Posted on: Sep 19, 2008
krisks75 says:
What hostel did you choose?
Posted on: Sep 19, 2008