Barcelona - Spain

Barcelona Travel Blog

The beach

I got to Barcelona after a horrible night´s sleep on the train. I got to my hostel around 10.00 which was 2 hours before check in. This was good because it gave me time to type up my entries.

The weather is the absolute best it has been since I started my trip, so I decided to go out to Mar Bella beach. For those of you who are fans of
Eurotrip, this was definitely where I parked my car haha.

For those of you who only know me through this blog, please do not judge me by this day alone. Not only is a nude (or topless anyway) beach normal in Europe, but I firmly believe that it is an essential experience every backpacking American should have to fully understand the European culture

The people

Actually, though, the weather was too nice to NOT go get some sun. I have noticed I am a bit too white in my photos and I would like to change that. Tomorrow I will play the tourist again, but I figured it would be better to have more company on the beach today on a Sunday as opposed to being alone out there when everyone is at work tomorrow.

I know what you are thinking, and the answer is..... HECK no. I may be in Spain, but I did NOT do as the Spanish haha. Actually, though, a majority of the guys were dressed the same as me while less than 50% of the women kept their tops. It was very strange yet enlightening to see how relaxed they all are about the whole thing. All ages, sizes, pregnant, boyfriends with girlfriends, families, friends.... all together like it shouldn´t be any other way. It made me wonder why we have so much shame back home.

Oh, and Ash, I want you to know that I took absolutely no pleasures in being at the beach other than from the soaking up the sun´s rays and learning about a new culture
My hostel
Mom, I blame you and dad for not bringing Kyle and me out to places like this when we were younger so we could have more fully enjoyed them than I did today
hehe.

In closing, forgive me for the lack of photos from today. Considering the circumstances, it may have been inappropriate
haha. Oh, and Stephen, I don´t want you blowing these ones I did take up! I intentionally took them from afar haha.

And again, please leave this entry OUT of your judgement of my character and the trip...please

cmari11 says:
Haha, Nat... too funny. Yeah, if I am in a train compartment with an Italian guy, I will make sure I step out before we go into any long tunnels haha.
Posted on: Sep 08, 2008
ariel444 says:
gotta love europtrip!!
watch out on those trains - scusi, scusi!
Posted on: Sep 08, 2008
cmari11 says:
Yeah, it was an experience every American should have. It kinna makes you wonder how we can be so uptight and they can be so relaxed haha.
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008