Athens - Greece

Athens Travel Blog

Waiting for my plane

I woke up early and headed out to the Airport with Jen, a Canadian girl I had befriended at the hostel in Rome.

We had planned to head out together last night since our flights were less than an hour apart.

There is a chance I would have overslept if she wouldn't have found me and woke me up haha. I had slept through my first alarm I had set even though I had another one as a back up.

Anyway, the flight went well and I met a really cool native Greek woman (girl?? She was just 28 lol) who spoke excellent English (which I would hope since she gives private lessons haha). I was glad we chatted because I was able to save the rest of my book for later haha. I am almost finished with it but I don't want it to end haha.

So I am pretty sure I was stood up by my CS'er.

A view down from the plane
It's cool though. By this time in my trip I wasn't about to panic over it. I was lucky, there were free Internet stations around the airport and I was able to book through hostel world for tonight and the next three nights.

As of now (19h30.. now 8 hours ahead of most of you back home) I plan to take it easy tonight.. maybe read a bit.. and set out fresh tomorrow. I have 3 full days here and from what I hear that is more than enough for Athens.

Update: I went out with my roommates (two guys from the states and a gal from Australia) to grab my first ever Kebab. It was tasty. Although I had seen them all over Austria and other places, this was the first time I struck up the courage to try one. You can't beat 1.80 Euro for a meal haha.

Me at the Athens airport