There is No Stopping Me!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

ilabas ang calcu at mag-convert!

Although Typhoon Fengshen left Hong Kong yesterday, it still brought heavy rain.  Late in the afternoon, it stopped raining, so it was time to move our asses.  We went to the nearby tiangges in Mong Kok District – Ladies Market, Sports Street and another street that specializes on electronics and high-tech gadgets.  Then, we moved to Yau Ma Tei for their Jade Market and stopped at a wet market to check out their local produce.  Then we saw some huge durian and immediately bought one that we later ate at some nearby restaurant.

When my mom got tired of all the walking and since this was going to be my last day in Hong Kong, I decided to continue my sightseeing of this bustling city, but my mom would not allow me to go on my own (but she did allow me to travel solo in Vietnam and Cambodia, weird.

Durian overload
)  So, I had to tag along TitoMel with me, poor him and poor me too as I wanted to try navigating the city all by myself.

Anyhow, my next stop was Stanley Street, known for its reasonably priced photographic equipment, since I was also in search for a Lomo cam.  As it was getting dark and I had no idea if the stores there were open till night, we decided to take the MTR, the fastest way to go to Hong Kong Island from Kowloon.  Unfortunately, when we got there, the stores were all closed.  Bummer.  The sidewalk hawkers along Central's Ladder streets were also starting to close.  Major bummer.

Thirsty from the long walk that we just had, we decided to go to SoHo, a popular ex-pat area with dozens of bars and restos, for some beer.  To get there, it was again another looong walk, but it was not tiring as we rode via the longest outdoor escalator the world, the Central-Mid-Levels Escalator.

When we reached SoHo, it was indeed the ex-pat’s haven as every bar and restaurant was full of foreigners holding a glass of wine or a bottle of beer.  There were more than a dozen of bars that we had difficulty choosing a place to chill.  Finally, we went inside some posh bar, ordered beers and enjoyed every drop of it.
ice9van says:
Korek!
Posted on: Oct 14, 2008
jen_proudlypinay says:
Weird nga ni mudra mo rang... pa"strict" effect sa hongkong eh hinayaan ka namang lumakwatsa sa Vietnam and Cambodia...hahaha
Posted on: Oct 14, 2008
up the Ladder Street
up the Ladder Street
@ Stanley Street
@ Stanley Street
@ Centrals Mid-Levels loooong Esc…
@ Central's Mid-Levels loooong Es…
A tourist helping tourists