AsiaMacau

Goodbye Macau

Macau Travel Blog

Sunrise @ Macau International Airport

My flight to Saigon was at 7:45 A.M.  So, I went to Macau International Airport on Taipa Island at 4 A.M., too early as I was hoping I could get some info about my flight, like if there was a flight cancellation or something since I was not able to check my mails for two days while in Macau.  But when I got there, offices were closed and I could not find a single airport employee, except for the guards.

window seat
  So every now and then, I had to check the board info for the status of flights.  I wanted to take a nap since I only had two straight hours of sleep, but as I closed my eyes, I kept thinking of my solo travel to Saigon.  My anxiety level rose again.

I wished it was already check-in time so that I would be able to browse the Duty Free shops to keep my mind off of what was about to happen to me in Saigon, thus reducing my rising anxiety levels.  Come 5:45 A.M., I went to the Viva Macau check-in counter but there was no one there.  Check-in time should be three hours before the scheduled time of travel, right?  This got me worried.  Maybe my flight was cancelled after all.  But there was no way of finding out as there was anyone there to talk to and all I had to do was wait till someone shows up.  Every so often, I was checking my watch and looking over the check-in counter.  Then, someone showed up, and I immediately grabbed my backpack and made my way to the counter.  I was the first one to check in.  :)  Not too excited.  :)

After passing through the immigration and x-ray machines, I was looking forward to the Duty Free shops, but they were all closed!  At least there were pc units with free internet so I was able to check my mail and surf the net.  Then, came the call to board the plane.  I had mixed feelings �" sad and happy.  I must be going nuts.  I was happy, as I was about to experience another country, and sad at the same time, as I was leaving one beautiful city.  But the thrill of traveling all by myself swayed me to the boarding area and so I bid goodbye to this unique and colorful city of Macau.
Sunrise @ Macau International Airp…
Sunrise @ Macau International Air…
empty lobby