Get Me Outta Here!!!

Phnom Penh Travel Blog

crossing Mekong Delta River

Wanting to get out of Phnom Penh, I got up early, sipped coffee downstairs, and went to the nearby bus ticketing office.  Unfortunately, it was still closed so I had to get on a motorbike to go to the other bus ticketing office.  When I got there, I wasn’t pleased with their schedules so I went back to the ticketing office near my hotel, hoping it’s open already.  No luck, the receptionist was not around yet, only the security guard who was of no help at all.

As I don’t want to take another motorbike ride, I opted to call the main office, which was unsuccessful too.  I had no choice but to get to their office in person.  This is the first time that I had too many hassles in my trip; I really hate Phnom Penh now.

Luckily, they still had one seat available so I immediately grabbed it.

After four motorbike rides, I was already in the bus terminal, seated in the middle row, aisle seat.

somewhere in Cambodia
  :(  This time, the bus was nearly full so there was no chance that I’d be able to get the entire row all to me.  :(

The whole trip went smoothly; no hassles along the way, especially when crossing the border.

I’m back in Pham Ngu Lao area in Saigon at around 2 P.M.

I met a Pinoy dad in the bus who’s leaving for the Philippines later that night.  We went for a coffee at Highlands Coffee, which is Saigon’s Starbucks.

Goodbye Cambodia
  As it turned out, he works at some NGO in Phnom Penh and adores the city so much.  He told me the ins and outs of the city.  So there I was, sipping coffee with a guy who loves Phnom Penh, a city that I hated so much.  After our conversation, Phnom Penh is not really too bad after all.  In fact, it is an interesting place.  If only I met this guy before all the disasters that I’ve been through, my whole Phnom Penh experience would have been great too.  Well, that’s just another reason to travel.  :)

After a tall glass of Saigon’s coffee, we bid goodbye; he hailed a cab while I walked along the streets of De Tham and looked for a decent inn.  I ended up on Bui Vien Street and got a cheaper room.  After a quick shower, I went to see my friends Dimple and Andy and their cutest kid, Z.  I bought tickets first for my tour the following day, then we went for a stroll.  We ended up at their favorite mall, Parkson, where we had our dinner then back at Bui Vien for some cheap beers where I told them all my adventures and misadventures.  :)
ice9van says:
Hahahaha sugar daddy ang drama! :D
Posted on: Aug 05, 2008
andiboi says:
uuuuy! may pinoy dad siya wahahaha!!!
tara na, biyahe uli! all the more reason to go back!
...i'm longing for Vietnam :-)
Posted on: Aug 05, 2008