Arriving in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

HK from the Sky

I arrived at Hong Kong International Airport at around 10 A.M.  The airport is so huge that one has the option to ride a two-minute train to transfer from one terminal to the other, or if you’re not in a hurry, walk through walkalators within the airport.  As for me, I preferred the train.  Actually, I just followed some Pinays and they led me to the train.  I was hesitant at first because I thought that it was already the MTR Airport Express but I was shocked when they told me that it would just cross the other terminal.  So after about two minutes, I was at the immigration desk, waiting, while the officer checks my passport.

Waiting for me outside were my mom and TitoMel who went to Hong Kong two days ahead of me.

@ The Avenue of Stars

Since I only brought with me my backpack, we started our sightseeing of Hong Kong.  We got into the airport bus, the cheapest way to go to downtown Kowloon, passing along the magnificent Tsing Ma Bridge.

First stop was the Avenue of Stars, where I saw the hand imprints of Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Chow Yun Fat, and Yet Li.  From where we were, it gave a great view of the Hong Kong Island, so we decided to go there.  But first, I had to stop and take a pic of one of Hong Kong’s landmark, the historic Clock Tower.

One ferry ride and we were at Hong Kong Island Central Pier.

HK at Night
  We were greeted by the stunning skyscrapers of Hong Kong Island and huge high-end designer fashion boutiques.  I chose not to go inside such stores, afraid of what might happen with my credit card.   Instead, we ended up in “The Lanes” -- The East and West streets of Li Yuen -- where the tiangges are.

After my mom went shopping, we took a tram ride to The Peak to witness the famous Symphony of Lights.  The overpriced ticket was well worth it as getting there alone was an unforgettable trip.  The ride with the Peak Tram was so steep that the buildings we passed by looked like they were leaning -- it was frightening and fun all at the same time.  Once on top, at the Peak Tower Sky Terrace, the view was breathtaking.  Looking down, I was stunned by the glimpse of the magnificent city below and the sight of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Island, as well as the towering skyscrapers and lush green parks and hillsides.  By 8 o’clock, the spectacular light display started and it was just incredible.  The pictures that I took did not give justice to the spectacular sight that I saw, no thanks to my low-tech cam.  :)

I would have loved to stay there longer and hang out at The Peak garden but my mom was starting to have colds due to the cold weather, so we had to go back to Mong Kok district in Kowloon where we checked in.
ice9van says:
Eh gusto kong i-try ung tram ride kasi. :) hihihi
ice9van says:
salamat po. :)
andiboi says:
congrtatz sa award...
you should've taken the bus going to the peak hehehehe
waiting @ HK Internatl Airport
Chinese-style scaffoldings
Chinese-style scaffoldings
Sports car! Yung red!
Sports car! Yung red!
one of the worlds tallest building
one of the world's tallest building
IFC Mall
Looking down at HK
Looking down at HK
Hong Kong Hostels review
Value for Money
We stayed here for a couple of nights when we were in Hong Kong. For HK$250, we got a Double Room with two single beds, TV, A/C, private bath with to… read entire review
Hong Kong