The Plan

Manila Travel Blog

empty seats at NAIA

This is it -- the start of my two-week travel that I planned for a month!  Well, actually, I was supposed to just come along with some TravBuddies who were planning a SEA trip in July to August -- a hassle-free trip for me, since they had already made an itinerary and all I had to do was join them.  But due to sudden changes with my mom’s schedule, who I am traveling with in Hong Kong and Macau and joining these fellow TravBuddies later on, and the schedules would no longer fit that of the TravBuddies that I was supposed to be traveling with, and since Jen (travbuddy/jen_proudlypinay ), the one who originally introduced me to the idea of this trip, could not make it either due to some unexpected changes in work schedules, I decided to just join my mom as it is free anyways and do my other itinerary on my own.  Besides, with all the promos Cebu Pacific had, it was pretty hard to avoid traveling.

The Logo

Thus, for a month, I have been like 24/7 researching about my itinerary and exchanging correspondence with TravBuddies for tips for the must-see sights, backpackers’ area, where to sleep, shop & dine, the search for the cheapest flights, etc., and I’ve listed it all down in my little green notebook.

I am really excited about this trip since I’m going to places that I have never been to, a place that I have been to but was not really able to enjoy much of it, and I would be given the chance to travel on my own for a week!!!

But, as my travel date was nearing, my feelings of excitement changed into anxiety, anxious if I can do it, that is, traveling by myself.  In fact, nights before the trip, I was having a hard time sleeping -- I was practically having mild to moderate anxiety!!!  But it was definitely a challenge and I am up for it!

So, with my backpack and little green notebook with me, off I flew with Cebu Pacific Airlines to Hong Kong.

ice9van says:
Jonathan: Ok lang! Carry! Basa-basa lang & maps! :)
Posted on: Jan 08, 2009
jonatz says:
wow! isn't it difficult to travel alone?
Posted on: Jan 08, 2009
jen_proudlypinay says:
WOW!!! binaboy pala ako ni Kuya Ted! ngayon ko lang nabasa! hahaha! Di na tayo bati kuya ted! hehehe
Posted on: Sep 18, 2008