"Don't Ya Wish Your Girlfriend Had a Butt Like Me?"

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Lisa's such a cutie! LOL

WOW...today was my most low key day here in Vegas this week! I met up with one of my favorite plaintiff attorneys here in town for lunch at the Golden Nugget Hotel.  We had a quick bite to eat as he had to be at court by 1:30pm but it was great to see him at least for an hour!  Hopefully we can catch up longer next trip out when he has some more free time.  After lunch, I swung by a local Sierra Gold Pub here in town for a quick beer with another co-worker and friend I hadn't seen in a year.  Rather than go shopping, I was a good girl and came back home to Lisa's house and worked until it was time to go to Sushi Mon for dinner.

Melanie, Lisa, and I headed over to the Sushi Mon that we like (sorry JPChoi) and met up with Nancy (fancynancy) and my friend Qiana from work who we still need to get on TravBuddy here.

Lisa and I
  She's one of the gang now after just meeting everyone at the Firefly dinner we did last time I was in town.  I'm so happy that my RL and TB worlds have collided because both sets of friends are amazing and now everyone knows each other...I just feel slightly left out since I don't live here now! HA HA HA.  Things like dinner last night really make me wish I was back here and able to see everyone again all the time.  Although Lisa and I talk online all the time, it's not the same as being here everyday and seeing stuff firsthand.  With Lisa's wedding coming up next May, I just wish I was physically here to help her with more.  :-(

Dinner was great but this was the first time there they kept forgetting our food.

Nancy, Qiana, and Melanie
  Poor Melanie ordered her yellowtail TWICE and they still forgot it! LOL.  And Lisa had a to go order for Ben that took forever to show up.  They were packed as always but we never had that issue before.  It was sooooo nice catching up with the girls and just chatting about things.  It was Qiana and Nancy's first time to Sushi Mon and I will never forget the look on Qiana's face as Melanie and Lisa ordered first since we were all ordering large amounts of fish (6 orders of one, etc).  Lisa is such a pro now and I still remember the day I took her for sushi for her very first time.  *Sniff, sniff*.

As dinner continued on, a lady stopped at our table on the way out with "Slumber Party" books.  Oh yeah.

Melanie with all the Super White Tuna! YUM!
....a table full of 5 girls looking at the adult catalogs..hee hee.  There was some interesting conversation and a few interesting glances our way.  Finally we were ready to go and of course, I wanted to get a couple pics of the girls since we were all together.  We asked the waitress to take our pic and Lisa suggested we go on Mel's side to squish in.  Yeah, what I didn't realize is there was a table of not so friendly lesbians sitting there who were not happy that my behind was somewhat in their face! LOL. I apologized but the one was talking some serious crap and I am surprised they didn't get more vocal with us.  These girls were definitely not ones you wanted on your bad side as they could've probably whooped all our butts with one hand tied behind their back.
Cajun Albacore...OMG YUMMY!
  The one was very vocal and quite vulgar about her displeasure in the fact we were so close to their table.  Oh well....s**t happens I suppose!

We said our goodbyes and got back to Lisa's house wherein we said goodbye to Miss Melanie who was going to see a midnight showing of the new Batman movie (crazy girl).  I was supposed to be going over to John's (JohnFutrell) place to hang for the evening but I was so incredibly tired already.  We should've been done with dinner early and I had planned to be at his place by 8:30 or so but it was nearing 10pm already! I called him and he totally understood and told me to get some much needed rest.  This would be my first night since I got here that I went to bed before 4am!! OMG! I really wanted to see John since we were only able to catch up a little last time I was here - and I miss the more laid back days where I spent the evening on his balcony overlooking the strip, sipping martinis! LOL.

The gang...Nancy, Qiana, Melanie, Lisa, and Me (and the unhappy females behind us! LOL)
  Now when I am in town, I am always rushing around trying to see everyone and it's just hard.  He and I are going to meet for breakfast hopefully before I leave on Sunday.

I tried to sit up and blog for a bit...thought I'd write a review or two but yeah, didn't quite happen. I fell asleep with the laptop still in my lap and woke up around 2am with a crick in my neck! LOL.  Oh well, Friday will be a long day so the sleep was definitely needed!

Lisas such a cutie! LOL
Lisa's such a cutie! LOL
Nancy, Qiana, and Melanie
Melanie with all the Super White T…
Melanie with all the Super White …
Cajun Albacore...OMG YUMMY!
The gang...Nancy, Qiana, Melanie, …
The gang...Nancy, Qiana, Melanie,…
Our Garlic Tuna