Beach by myself!

Puerto Viejo Travel Blog

Finally.... the beach!
Had an awesome couple of days getting totally scortched on the beach, reading and relaxing. A bit of a pain in the ass crossing the border to Costa Rica... Need to get proof of exiting the country... I almost wasn't able to get in.. A taxi driver trying to hussle me quickly for a ride, told me that I could simply by a bus ticket at a shop right next to immigration for $7 back across the border.... Lost that, but saved a bigger border hassle. Didn't take that ride, obviously... just the information. :)

Hopped the bus with a chic I met on the bus there and who I saw at the hostal in Basemiento... Trying to remember all this shit. Time has passed and can't remember all the details. Anyhoo.

Needed those extra days just to chill on the beach. Blew through  a shit ton of money.
My view....alllllll day.
Costa Rica is sooooo expensive. For the thrifty traveler it is not the place to be. But if you have cash to blow, don't care to speak spanish and love beautiful beaches, surf and pretty chicas and muchachos... it is the place to be.. The morenos there where total eye candy... Loved it!

Moved on after a couple of days, totally passed San Jose as I understood it is a shit hole. Kinda seemed that way as I passed through. Not my scene to hit up capital cities... Totally passed it on my way to the border, where I stopped as close as I could in Liberia and spent a couple of lavish days. I wasn't feeling well, so got a private room with cable TV and just ate junk food. It was awesome! Two days later I emerged from the room. The owner wasn't sure what was wrong with me. I left only to buy tons of chocolate scuffling around in the streets in my PJs searching for open stores that had the badly needed goods... Any kind of chocolate I could find was incredibly needed. Local resources for choco junkies was nearly negligable, but I found stuff to help me through...

Liberia totally sucked! So glad I had cable TV and a private room. Soooo not recommended unless you want to bored off your ass in a hole. People were overall nice though.. Kinda a weird place.. Out of place... didn't seem like it would be in Costa Rica.

Moved on across the border to my main destination...... Nicaragua!

Stigen says:
-it`s VERY handy to know that its expensive and difficult to cross the border....hope nicaragua is cheaper..
Posted on: Jul 18, 2009
My view....alllllll day.
Burning yet? What about now? Now?
Burning yet? What about now? Now?
Beach view from restaurant. Beer n…
Beach view from restaurant. Beer …