A nice meal and a faboulos garden

stjordal Travel Blog

Fish soup with garlic bread

This weekend one of my cousins who are living in Oslo has been visiting Trondheim.  The weather has bee nice so we have spend most of the time outdoor.

Ok outdoor and outdoor, there has been some indoor activity to; shopping.  But as we have been avoiding the big shopping centres we have been outdoor most of the time walking from one small fashion shop to another.

We have a cousin Eva living in Stjørdal about 35 km from Trondheim or if you want about 4 km from the small famous place named Hell.

My cousin Anne Lise, my sister Sissel and I drove to Stjørdal to visit Eva.

My sister Sissel, me and Eva

She invited us for dinner and a walk around in her garden.  Eva is a lot older then us, she has a daughter who is on the same age as me.  Eva and her husband are retired so Eva spends lots of time in her garden.  Her husband Einar often asks her if the garden isn’t ready jet.  Those of you who have a garden know the answer on that.

Eva had arranged for a girls evening as her husband was hill climbing with some of his friends.

Eva is a nice hostess and a good cook.  This evening she invited us for what she calls a simple meal.  She had set the table with a beautiful service bought when she was working in Lebanon and decorated it with flowers from her garden.

She served us a delicious fish soup with garlic bread. As I was driving I had non alcoholic beer; my two cousins had white wine.

For desert we had strawberries, blueberries and cloudberries with cream.

Cake with cream and pear
  And as this wasn’t enough she served us coffee with a delicious cake topped with cream and pear, nuts and chocolate.   Oh such a nice way to finish a good meal.

After the meal we had a walk around in Eva’s beautiful garden.  Hope the photos will speak for them selves.

We ended the evening on her veranda, sipping wine and non alcoholic beer.

I love the Norwegian summer nights.  Sitting on the veranda when the sun is shining at 12 PM sipping wine, beer or soda is quality of life for me.

Eva, Anne Lise and Sissel