Casa Del Mar

Santa Monica Travel Blog

L-R: Me,Doris,Jenn and Tracy
Jenn wanted us to get together before she leaves to hawaii.She came up with this place in Santa Monica called Casa del Mar which is literally located by the beach, it's on Ocean Ave. Great  place to chill and have drinks with friends or even for a happy hour. I love the atmosphere it makes me feel like i'm in Hawaii;)..I used to come here when a friend  of mine was one of their server,(shh, used to get free drinks hehehe) but stopped going when my friend left, wondered why?No he didnt get fired, he moved to Hollywood and got a job at used to be L'orengerie(French Restaurant but now closed and became Matsuhista restaurant).

Matt happens to be in town, visiting and kind enough to  joined us for the evening.
All the girls plus Matt
Him, Jenn and Tracy carpooled and met up for an early dinner where as me, i got stuck at work  doing some overtime.My Boss wanted me to stay for an additional four hours due to strikes.Yikes!Ok did some overtime which was nice.I'd like to see that on my next paycheck please! lol.

As always, i'm the late comer.I met them up at the lobby.Doris has already have her wine, Tracy drinking her Mojito and Matt with his Martini.Since Jenn does not drink, she's satisfied with her plain 'ol H20.I asked for some wine too. I needed a drink after a 12 hour shift! yay!
We chatted for a little bit, Doris ordered some chocolate chips but for some reason, it took them so long to serve it.Chocolate chips sounds like a good idea but where is the damn cookie! hahaha! we were all wondring why its taking so long so it finally came after a long period of time feels like.Took a picture of it before before we dug in.It wasnt fresh but it was good enough to eat it.

After an hour or so, we came to say good night to everyone. Gave a big hug to the girls and Matt.It was  such a great night  hanging out with the girls and Matt.
jenn79 says:
1) what are you - blog queen tonight? 2) you almost gave me a heart attack with the first line of your blog. 3) thank you for coming out despite having to work 12 hours that day - it meant SO much to me!!

here's to many more get-togethers!! =)
Posted on: Aug 25, 2008