The Wind In My Face

Zephyrhills Travel Blog

Skydivecity.com Skydiving in Zephyrhills, Florida.

It was an early morning and we had a fourty minute drive to the airfield.  I had an 9:00am appointment at Dive City..cool name!!  I got there early and signed and initialed all the paperwork.  Bill was my instructor and he gave me a fifteen minute talk about what to expect. I put on my jumpsuit and harness and we both headed out to the Twin Otter. We where to be the last to jump out so we got onto the plane first followed by ten others.  We strapped in and off we went down the runway. We slowly climbed and circled the field to an alttitude of 10,000 feet. A  few jumped here and we then continued of climb to 13,500 feet.  Your first jump is tandum, Bill hooked me to his harness and we slid down the row towards the door.   Bill told me to keep my head down until we got outside the door of the plane.

I had a little hesitation at the door but no turning back now, and away we went. I was anticipating a drop like on a rollercoaster, not so, it was smooth. We did a roll over and a few spins and it was on, 120mph freefall for one minute.  Bill pulled the parachute cord and there was silence. He let me take control of the parachute for a few minutes. You pull the right strap to go right and left to go left.  We did a few S turns and we came down smoothly and we slid on our ass across the grass.  This has been one of the best experience that I have ever had.  A few guys in the plane said that skydiving is like a drug, once you do it you keep coming back again and again.

www.skydivecity.com   or   www.1800888jump.com

oldschoolbill says:
Touché
Posted on: Jul 13, 2008
Skydivecity.com Skydiving in Zep…
Me and Bill