My plans

Greece Travel Blog

In the near future i am planning my europe trip, Greece is my first stop.
though i have asked people who have been there, they are people who have only been to one of two main islands. however, these people have only gone to greece for a short time, for example 2 weeks for a holiday.
I find myself lost, and continually buying travel books to help me. Though they give me some good ideas of where to go or where not to go, it is not really based on a personal level, just as it seems a practical level. i feels as though i am not getting much help. i am still wondering where to go. i know i want to travel to Crete, as it is a main island and i have heard it is quite spectacular.
Though my problem that i face at this point in time is that i dont only want to travel to where everyone goes when they go to Greece, but i want to look at interesting islands that are overlooked as a tourist spot.
I want to see the real Greece, not a tourist infested one. i want to experience the rawness that has come out of greece.
Any help, would be greatly appreciated into making my decision. i am looking for answers that recommend me an island but also to tell me very shortly what that island offers the world.